Tickets are now on sale for Regina Public Schools' Laughter for Literacy event on Friday, April 5th, which promises to be an amazing night of comedy, live music and magic! Please CLICK HERE to see the event details and how to purchase tickets for $20 each (tables are of eight). All proceeds go to support our Summer Success Literacy Camps.
The Ruth Pawson SRC will be selling lollipops for $1 during afternoon recess on February 12th, 13th, and 14th. All proceeds go towards supporting the school library collection.
Flavours include: Blue Raspberry, Bubble Gum, Cotton Candy, Creamy Orange, Green Apple, Pirate Punch, Kiwi Strawberry, Raspberry, Root Beer, and Watermelon.
Explore unparalleled choices and opportunities open to all students throughout Regina.
Get the information you need on academic and extracurricular activities, as well as our unique programming such as Advanced Placement, Campus Regina Public, Martin Academy and the Balfour Arts Collective. Experience the best school spirit anywhere!
For complete information please view the Open House poster: click to view
- Smooth transition period - students who arrive at school with time to spare have the opportunity to settle into the classroom, prepare their materials and focus their minds on the lessons to come.
- Important information – a typical school day starts with announcements and introductions to new lessons and concepts. Students who show up late may miss out on important details and be unprepared for future class events or key learning concepts.
- Develops long-term positive habits – when students show up on time to school every day, they develop the habit of being punctual with important commitments.
- Self-esteem - arriving on time every day makes children feel good about themselves.
Arriving on time for school ensures that your child doesn’t miss out on the important learning activities that happen early in the day when they are most alert. Set your child up for success and make certain he/she arrives to school On Time. Every Time.
Please take a moment to view videos featuring local community Leaders as they discuss the importance of everyone focusing on school attendance.
Click to view the full poster: On Time. Every Time.
Hello Family and Friends of Ruth Pawson School,
On Monday, Dec 17, 2018, we will be having a winter concert. The children have been working hard to prepare a fantastic concert for you. The concert will take place in our school gymnasium at 1:00 pm and 6:30 pm. The concert is scheduled to be 45 minutes in length and is full of winter cheer. We have limited seating and ask that you attend only one performance. If you are able to attend the afternoon performance that would assist us with seating for the evening. Also, the SCC will be selling tickets for the Christmas Basket Raffle at each performance. The draw will take place at the end of the evening concert. We look forward to seeing you!
Ruth Pawson School
Facts about Attendance and Reading:
- Early absenteeism, in preschool and Kindergarten, has a significant effect on a child’s ability to learn and to master reading. Source: Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development
- A child who reads twenty minutes a day will be exposed to 1.8 million words per year. Source: Scholastic
- Attending school regularly is consistently and significantly associated with higher rates of childhood literacy. Source: The Brookings Institution
- Students can show strong gains in literacy if their attendance improves. Source: Attendance Works
Please take a moment to view videos featuring local community Leaders as they discuss the importance of everyone focusing on school attendance. Attendance Matters - United Way Regina
Click to view the full poster: Every Day Counts
Due to the extended power failure in the City of Regina, we will be closing a number of our schools.
Parents must pick up their students or give permission to the schools to release them.
Schools will remain open for students who cannot go home.
The following is a list of schools that will be closed for classes at 11:45 am, if you do not see your school name classes continue today.
Please check with local media and Twitter for more details
The following schools have their classes cancelled.
Campus Regina Public
Harvest City Christian
Did you know?
Being on time for school sets your child up for a great day of learning.
Even in Kindergarten, absences can cause children to fall behind in their learning.
Missing 10 percent (or about 18 days) can make it difficult to learn to read – a critical future skill.
Please take a moment to view this video featuring local community Leaders as they discuss the importance of everyone focusing on school attendance. Attendance Matters - United Way Regina
Saskatchewan Health Authority Dental Program
It is time again for a licensed oral health professional to provide dental screenings for students in Grade 1 and 7 during the 2018-2019 school year. The previous dental screening was done in 2013-2014. The information collected from the screening will be used to plan and develop preventive program services based on the needs of your community.
A dental screening will include the use of a small flashlight and a sterilized mouth mirror or tongue depressor. After the dental screening has been done, a letter will be sent home with your child. This screening does not replace regular check-ups at your dental office.
Grade 1 and 7 students will be bringing home a Dental Screening Information (SHA OH1) form to be completed and returned at a later date.
Your child will receive an oral health screening unless you contact us at 306-766-6331.